Jan 8, 2015

Labels

I really hate stereotypes and labels and I will always try to stick to ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ because we should not. We should not assume we know anything about anyone just because we happen to know one aspect of their person. And we all know that when assume you make an ass out of me and you.
However, our society sadly needs labels. I would love to live the idealist world Lennon painted in ‘Imagine’ but we all know that won’t happen. Our world is just so fucked up that to remove labels would be like removing the foundations of a house. We can’t function without them, we need them to stabilize out day to day lives. Because we all judge, be it consciously and subconsciously…I’m not saying it’s right, but it is what we do.
We enjoy putting people in nice, categorical, little niches in our heads so that (well, we tell ourselves this) we can ‘understand’ them better. Is it bullshit? Probably.
As sad as this will sound, people just need to accept that labels will always be there. Stereotypes will continue to prevail in people’s mind and because of this people will judge you.
I just want to make one thing clear: I am not giving up.
I am just trying to be realistic.
‘Cause we all have to grow up at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment